Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Serves 5
5 large potatoes, boiled and mashed
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
½ teaspoon mustard seeds
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 small onions, chopped
2 sprigs curry leaves
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
2 green chilis, deseeded and chopped
1 bunch coriander, chopped
8 slices bread, brown sides discarded
- Preheat the air fryer oven to 400ºF (204ºC).
- Put the mashed potatoes in a bowl and sprinkle on salt and pepper. Set to
- Fry the mustard seeds in olive oil over a medium-low heat in a skillet,
stirring continuously, until they sputter.
- Add the onions and cook until they turn translucent. Add the curry leaves
and turmeric powder and stir. Cook for a further 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Remove the pan from the heat and combine with the potatoes. Mix in the
green chilies and coriander.
- Wet the bread slightly and drain of any excess liquid.
- Spoon a small amount of the potato mixture into the center of the bread and
enclose the bread around the filling, sealing it entirely. Continue until the
rest of the bread and filling is used up. Brush each bread roll with some oil
and transfer to the basket of the air fryer oven.
- Air fry for 15 minutes, gently shaking the air fryer basket at the halfway
point to ensure each roll is cooked evenly.
- Serve immediately.