Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Serves 6 to 8
4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
1 small head of cauliflower, sliced into florets
1 jalapeño pepper
3 tablespoons smoked paprika
1 tablespoon thyme
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon mustard powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
2 tomatoes, sliced
2 lettuce leaves, chopped
6 to 8 brioche buns, sliced lengthwise
¾ cup taco sauce
- Preheat the air fryer oven to 350ºF (177ºC) and spritz with cooking spray.
- In a blender, add the cauliflower florets, jalapeño pepper, paprika, thyme,
oregano, mustard powder and cayenne pepper and blend until the mixture
has a texture similar to breadcrumbs.
- Transfer ¾ of the cauliflower mixture to a medium bowl and set aside. Beat
the egg in a different bowl and set aside.
- Add the chicken breasts to the blender with remaining cauliflower mixture.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Blend until finely chopped and well mixed.
- Remove the mixture from the blender and form into 6 to 8 patties. One by
one, dredge each patty in the reserved cauliflower mixture, then into the egg.
Dip them in the cauliflower mixture again for additional coating.
- Place the coated patties into the air fryer basket and spritz with cooking
spray. Air fry for 20 minutes or until golden and crispy. Flip halfway
through to ensure even cooking.
- Transfer the patties to a clean work surface and assemble with the buns,
tomato slices, chopped lettuce leaves and taco sauce to make burgers. Serve